Your tax questions, answered
We know tax season can be stressful. We're here to help make filing your taxes as simple and affordable as possible. Let's get started.
Find answers about
- Important dates and deadlines
- Your tax documents
- Perks and benefits from TurboTax
- FAQ and additional resources
Your tax timeline
- By January 31, 2018: Tax documents, including tax summaries and 1099s, will be available on our website for drivers who opted to receive documents electronically. 1099s will be mailed to drivers who did not opt in for e-delivery.
- February 28, 2018: Filing deadline for free TurboTax Self-Employed or 50% off TurboTax Live (state)
- April 17, 2018: Tax Day
- April 30, 2018: Filing deadline for free TurboTax Self-Employed or 50% off TurboTax Live (federal)
Your tax documentsThere are 3 types of tax documents you could receive from us:
- Tax summary: An unofficial tax document produced by Social Auto Transport and provided to every ride-share driver. Your tax summary includes a breakdown of annual earnings and business-related expenses that may be deductible.
- 1099-K: An official IRS tax document that includes all on-trip gross earnings. Not all partners will receive a 1099-K. Only drivers who made more than $20,000 in vehicle moves and provided at least 200 deliveries will receive a 1099-K. See the IRS website for more information.
- 1099-MISC: An official IRS tax document providing a breakdown of promotion, referral, and other miscellaneous payments for the year. Only drivers who received $600 or more of these types of payments will receive a 1099-MISC.